Grimoire illustrations

I mentioned before that I heavily decorate my BOS, and thought I’d share a bit of how it looks! This is the more decorative bits of my Grimoire, which I keep separate from my more personal BOS, SO I don’t mind sharing. :slight_smile: Maybe in the future I’ll make a mock page that shows how I code things into my book with illustration.

6 Likes

These are beautiful! :heart_eyes: I really love all the color, too. I think it looks awesome! I’m sure it’s all really pretty to look at, but it also has so much of your personal energy in it.

3 Likes

Theyre all beautiful! Love the gold ink and your calligraphy!

2 Likes

I love the style. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I wish I could make mine look like this.

2 Likes

Thank you! A lot of it is just letting the paint do what it does. I use a combination of watercolor, acrylic inks and paint. And if you like some of the more structured flourishes, carbon transfer paper and a print out of the image you like (or tracing paper and your screen) are great ways to get it on your pages!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I love doing the gold leaf, it really makes the page pop!

2 Likes

Yes! This kind of loose artistic style is so fun for me, it’s so different from other art I make. I like to feel and infuse energy into it, and build correspondences visually. It also makes it so much easier to identify pages!

2 Likes

This is GORGEOUS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Wow, these BOS pages look absolutely amazing!! I love seeing how others decorate & style their Grimoires!! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

2 Likes

Your pages are beautiful! :heart: Thank you for starting this conversation and for sharing. Right now I use a simple spiral bound notebook, but I am learning about book binding and plan to create my own (hopefully) gorgeous custom grimoiar and book of shadows. I’ve got a few ideas in mind for both, and I haven’t settled on exactly how I want my grimoiar to look. My BOS tho will definitely be an eclectic “junk journal” STYLE. I’m happy to share pictures here once I begin making these if anybody is interested.

2 Likes

Ohh, I’d be happy to see anything anyone wants to share. I’m working on building my digital grimoire back up. I’ve never been good with a physical grimoire :laughing: I currently use Notion for my Grimoire, though I do have plenty of stuff saved in my Google Drive that’s shared between me and a good friend.

What I’m working on right now is a kitchen grimoire inspired by Caireann of Hearth & Besom on Instagram. The current recipe in the works is snickerdoodle cookies!

1 Like

I thought about doing digital versions of my grimoire and BOS, and I do have a LOT saved on my phone right now so I don’t lose it. The plan is to transfer it all to my books once I’ve got them made. I wish I could trust myself enough to keep it all as digital copies, but I’m so … what’s the word I’m looking for?? … :woozy_face: :joy: I’m afraid I’d lose it in the cyber world if I don’t have a tangible hard copy!

2 Likes

haha that makes sense! Notion keeps everything in an account for me, and the plan is to make them look nice and then download everything and print it or have it printed. For now, it’s how I’m able to manage everything :joy: I do make sure that what I put there is either in my own words from my own understanding, or copied spells and rituals from other sources.

I’d love to have a big, printed family grimoire in case my child wants to continue the path. I’m not sure if she will, but it would be a nice thing to have!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of even just taking pictures or scanning each page I make to keep a digital backup. I lost my original boss and it broke my heart. I lost so much!

2 Likes

Ohh that’s happened to me, but it was my fault :sweat_smile: I was going through a very difficult time and had lost a lot of faith in… well, I lost a lot of faith in everything. I don’t have any of my original notes! I think that’s why I like keeping things digitally.

2 Likes

Admittedly it was my fault I lost my original too. I was getting out of an unfortunate relationship and quickly grabbed things and missed it. I’m sure I could revisit some old YT videos I made in high school to see what I thought about parts of my practice at the beginning… But honestly they’re too cringe to watch :joy:

2 Likes

haha oh I relate to the old YT video thing :grimacing: :joy: I have some of my old videos unlisted and stuff because they’re just not good and I’d rather re-do them.

1 Like